Eating breakfast is always a challenge, or at least it’s like that for me. Often I feel too rushed or not hungry at all, and then, when I skip breakfast I can hear my dad’s voice in my head saying: ‘breakfast is the most important meal of the day’.
It’s been my mission over the past few months to find healthy, quick breakfasts that are delicious and not too expensive to make. This five minute breakfast mug ticks all of those boxes. If you haven’t made a mug cake before, you’re about to have your mind blown. All mug cakes are, are a bunch of ingredients thrown into a cup and cooked in the microwave for a short period of time.
This recipe comes out pretty dense so don’t be fooled you will definitely be full after eating this. I also found that keeping a bag of frozen Berries and using them instead of fresh Berries is much more cost effective and doesn’t lead to waste.
- Place Butter into mug and melt in microwave
- Add the Egg, Honey and Xylitol and beat with a fork
- Add the Almonds, Cinnamon, Flour and Salt and beat again until smooth
- Fold through the Berries
- To make the Streusel place all ingredients into a bowl
- Rub together with the tips of your fingers
- Spoon the topping over the mixture in the mug
- Cook in the microwave for 2 minutes and 30 seconds (time my vary according to microwave model)